Tuesday, December 8, 2009

progressing slowly

Well, I continue to progress - I've managed to make 10 - 20 31/2" 9 patches a day for the last little while. I have almost completed all of the 9 patch units for my double delight quilt. Then I'll start putting block A together - there's 14 more i need to do.

I am almost done quilting the third quadrant of the bears paw quilt. I hope to finish the third quadrant tonight and at least mark the fourth. I don't expect to be able to work on it again until Friday or Saturday.

I also put together a 3D block from the Quiltmaker 100 Blocks book. I really like it - I think I have enough of the 3 fabrics to make 3 more blocks, so I may make a little quilt of 4 blocks and a border - it will measure out at 36 inches square. Not big, but good enough for a baby. The block is really complicated and time consuming to make - took 3 hours to make one, but is really effective - my son loves it. I think I'll cut patches as much as I can and put the hsts together leader-ender style. That way, it may take a while to finish the little quilt, but it will get done as I work in my DD.

No comments:

Post a Comment