Monday, February 22, 2010

Flower baskets moving forward

Well, I cut the blocks down to 10". They are pretty uniform except for the one where the basket size was screwed up (bigger than the pattern called for). I'm hoping that one isn't going to stick out too badly.

I've got the horizontal sashings nearly sewn together. After I get those done I'll start on the block rows. I have a layout determined and I don't want to lose it - and don't have stickers to mark the blocks, so I'll have to do each row one at a time. Wish I knew what I did with those stickers.

At the laundromat and at the farm yesterday I almost completed another quarter of the white space on the Hawaiian. It is almost half done. One more half and some centre embellishment and then all I have to do is the binding.

I prepared the binding for the Bear's Paw this weekend. Just need to get it stitched on now.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Flower basket frustration

Decided to get the flower basket top together this weekend. Pulled sashing fabrics and had made an additional 12 blocks to finish the quilt.

Before cutting the sashing I decided to check the swap blocks. They were supposed to be squared out at 10 1/2". NOT. I'm going to have to cut all the blocks down to 10 inches. Not a single one of the freaking things would square to 10 1/2'.

I'm seriously annoyed. It would be worse if I'd cut the sashing before checking the blocks.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Found it

I finally found the binding I cut for the Bear Paw. I just need to sew it together and get it on the quilt.

I trimmed the Bear Paw for binding today.

I've got 2 more blocks for my Flower Basket quilt. Need to make a few more - hope I have enough basket. I'm going to discard one of the swap blocks if I can and make 3 more of my block - it will go in the corners of a 4x5 block layout.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Need to get busy....

My name's in the top 30 of the UFO queen list. I need to get busy. I've started stitching the blank areas of the Hawaiian. It's going to take a while.

The Bear's Paw just needs binding. I'll have to find some matching thread this weekend and get the binding on.