Monday, December 13, 2010

GFG - Light in the tunnel?

Last week was a good week for hand piecing.  I completed 5 GFG blocks.  I now have only 17 to go before I have all the Grandmother's Flower blocks from the jelly roll pieced.  Then I have to figure out how to put it together.  I'm wondering if I should buy another fabric and use it between the flowers and to do a side boarder.  No idea how much I would need.  I guess I'll wait until I get the blocks done first. 

Not doing any hand work today.  Been doing a lot of knitting lately - socks and mittens for winter and last night I really overdid it watching Christmas specials.  My hands are extremely sore and the knuckles swollen and painful from knitting to much.  I hate having arthritis in my hands.  It doesn't usually bother me as I usually know enough to quit before my hands start hurting.  I finished the second mitt of a pair for my Dad last night and one and a half mittens for my son.  His second mitten will have to wait until the swelling goes down.

I am glad I don't have karate this week.  There's no way I could make a tight fist with my hands like this.  Typing is difficult enough.

I'm going to baste and start machine quilting a holiday table runner today.  Hopefully, I'll be able to find it before the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I know what arthritis is like. Sounds like you really overdid it. Rest your hands!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete