Monday, July 5, 2010

Flower Baskets

I finished the flower basket swap top today.  It will go in the 'to be quilted' pile.  There are 5 other quilts ahead of it in the pile.

I pulled my double delight off the shelf - it's in need of a border.  I have the fabric pulled and just need to get to it, but it's just way too hot to be messing around with a large quilt top, so I decided to play with my fabric a bit.  I have a FQ set of bright orange, yellow, green and blue and red.  I am using the colours (except the red) to make sisters blocks as in the Quiltmaker Addicted to Scraps article this month.  The end result will be a table runner.  I'll use the red as a border as the edges of the blocks are on the bias and I'll really want to stabilize them before quilting.  If I have enough of the red, I'll use it for the binding as well, otherwise I'll have to hunt for a red for the binding.  I rather hope I have enough and don't have to go hunting.

Last night I finished the "And Pigs Will Fly" rag quilt.  It's going through the washing process now.  It's a fundraiser quilt - it's got flying pigs on one of the fabrics - a joke on my mom's behalf as I told her I'd run one of the fundraisers for the place she works at again When Pigs Fly.  The rude people I had to deal with after giving up a day of my long weekend last summer was the final straw.  I will contribute to the fundraiser, but I am not actually going to be there and running it.

No comments:

Post a Comment