Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hawaiian Finish


I've finished the Hawaiian wall quilt. This is my second UFO finish this year. I am fairly pleased with it - still wish I could get someone to actually teach me hand applique. I'm teaching myself and admit that the points on the leaves aren't as good as they could be.

The pattern is Woodland Lei - I cannot remember the publisher/designer. It's been so long since I started this UFO that I have lost the pattern. It's somewhere in the black hole I call a sewing room.

I'm also posting an image of my first UFO finish this year. This is a giant (22 inches) pillow. The top of the pillowcase is a leftover block from a quilt I made a couple of years ago. I've had the block and borders on it - just needed to quilt and assemble the pillow. It was something that I just never got to.

I unearthed a UFO while looking for my applique needles for doing the binding on the Hawaiian quilt. It's a reverse-applique stained glass piece that I mean to make into yet another pillow. So that's one of the next UFOs to be completed. I still have the green Bear Paw that just needs binding yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment