Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Forward momentum

Well I've started the star blocks on Christmas lights. Pictures are being posted on the yahoo group of the blocks and one of the girls told me that I could go from the picture.

I've got one star block finished and the rest in the process. I love chain piecing. The blocks are going to be pretty when finished. I haven't started the other blocks yet. They appear to be much more complicated and less straightforward.

This quilt has been a bit of a challenge as it has forced me to go scrappy for the 4 patches and the background fabric. I admit I am becoming more comfortable with scrappy. My DD was a very controlled palette. Much of the colour scheme for this one is outside of my comfort zone, so I am stretching myself a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment